Thursday, June 26, 2008

I'm sure all you mom's know the script

You know, at breakfast? You're fixing breakfast, it can be cold cereal, hot cereal, pancakes, eggs and bacon or even french toast or maybe something totally different and one or more of your kids start asking for something or like mine they'll just start making noise. (insert rolling eyes smiley here)

This was the script this morning as I was fixing French Toast, bacon and cheesy eggs:

Michelea: MOM! Dakota hit me!(Dakota laughing in the background)
Me: She didn't hit you she patted you so quit tattling cuz it's not gonna get you anywhere.
Michelea: MOM! Dakota patted me!
Me: What did I just say?
Michelea: No tattling.
Me: That's right.

Silence for about 30 seconds....AHHHHH!

Michelea:WOOT! WOOT!
Dakota: WOOT! WOOT!
Me: Girls, please stop acting like monkeys.
Michelea:WOOT! WOOT!
Dakota: WOOT! WOOT!
Me: GIRLS!
(Hysterical laughing from the girls)

Silence for about 15 seconds while I butter the french toast.

Michelea: Mom, were hungry.
Me: Well I'm getting your breakfast ready right now so hold on.
Michelea: Oh good!
Dakota: MOM! NANA! NANA! NANA! (this is Dakota's word for food)
Me: Dakota, let's use your words. Say "food please."
Dakota: NO! NANA!
Me: Say, "food please"
Dakota: "Please, please"
Me: "Food please"
Dakota: "Food please"
Me: OK! Here you go! :)
Michelea: Mom! I don't want bacon!
Me: Well give it to Dakota then
Michelea: Mom, I can't eat it without a fork.
Me: Well then get a fork.

30 second Silence

Michelea: Mom, I need a fork!
Me: Well, get a big fork for you and a small fork for Dakota then.
Michelea: But I want a small fork like Dakota.
Me: Fine. Get a fork like I told you.

20 second Silence

Michelea: Mom, I need something to drink!
Me: I'm busy cooking, you can wait.
Dakota: Mom! Bunga! (this is Dakota's word for drink, not sure where she got it because she used to say water.)
Me: Dakota, you wait too.
Michelea: Mom I need some milk.
Me: Wait or you won't get any at all, better yet get some water yourself.

30 second Silence

Michelea: Mom, where's my eggs?
Me: They're cooking start eating your french toast.
Michelea: But, mom!
Me: Eat it or you won't have breakfast at all. (this is NOT an empty threat!)
Michelea: But...
Me: Eat!
Michelea: But we need to say the blessing on the food first!
Me: Okay your right, sorry I got busy let's get dad in here, (yes, Jeremy has been home this WHOLE time ,) and he can say it with us.
Michelea: Okay, dad can say it this time, it's his turn!
Me: Okay that sounds good, just let me finish up cooking the eggs and then daddy can say the blessing.

Jeremy comes in and says the blessing on the food and then gets his breakfast.

As Jeremy looks at the two plates of french toast BOTH with two pieces of bacon and 2pieces of french toast asks:

Jeremy: So which one is mine?
Me: Here have some eggs.
Jeremy: Oh.
Me: I need to get the girls something to drink, they've been screaming for something for 10 min. or haven't you heard?
Jeremy: I thought you got them something already.
Me: Just take your eggs.



Notice how most everytime Michelea and Dakota asked for something it always started with "Mom"

It never ends.....

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh man.. this is my mornings for sure! I wish I had more patience, but it's so annoying when I'm working on getting Logan food and she STILL keeps telling me that she's HUNGRY! I'M GETTING IT!

Emily Marie said...

LOL, how funny. Funny because it happens at EVERY meal with me, but if Carlos is home, about half way through that, I would have yelled for Carlos to take care of it!

Related Posts with Thumbnails